HELPLINES NEED HELP TOOSupport the 211 Helpline, which serves residents in need across Nebraska and southwest Iowa.
Because you never know when you might need help.
What information does 211 provide?
- Utility Assistance
- Rent Assistance
- Food Pantries
- Shelter and Housing Services
- Abuse Prevention
- Behavioral Health Services
- Support Groups
- Senior Services
- Disaster Services
- Government Shutdown Support
- Legal Services
- Health Care Services
- Family Support
- Financial Assistance and Education
What is 211's impact?
- In 2019, the 2-1-1 Helpline assisted more than 92,000 people.
- Nearly 60% of caller needs were related to housing and/or utilities. These are also the top unmet needs, as community resources are limited.
- 2-1-1 can assist callers in over 100 languages using our Tele-interpreter service.
- Across the U.S. 94% of residents can dial 2-1-1 in their communities.
Who does 211 serve?
Why is 211 important?
For over a decade, 211 has been serving Nebraska and Southwest Iowa.
People across our area face challenges every day and may not know how to find or access local programs that address them. That’s what 211 is all about: connecting our neighbors with nearby services that can help.
If you or someone you know is looking for assistance, such as finding a food pantry, paying for a utility bill or accessing safe housing and shelter, speak with one of our helpline specialists today.
211 is available 24/7 by phone or text. Simply call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898211. Calls are free and confidential.