CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERSEverything you need to inspire and empower your team to make a difference!
United Today. Stronger Tomorrow.
Thank you for your united commitment to improving the lives of local families!
By hosting a United Way fundraising campaign, your organization is joining nearly 700 other businesses and 40,000 donors across the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro to make our community stronger.
In the wake of COVID-19, we understand that teams like yours are having to make tough decisions. United Way is here to here to help you plan and execute the type of fundraising campaign that makes the most sense for your organization, whether that is in-person events and/or virtual options. Let’s get started!
Thank you to our Campaign chairs, Lance and Julie Fritz!
We are so grateful to Lance and Julie for stepping into this vital role and supporting our 2021-2022 campaign year. Lance is Union Pacific’s chairman, president and chief executive officer. He is deeply involved with local organizations here in the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro. Julie has been heavily involved in the Tocqueville Women’s Initiative Advisory Steering Committee and Women United’s Steering Committee. She has been instrumental in fundraising and supporting UWM initiatives such as Book Trust, Train 2 Gain and Opportunity Youth. Together, Lance and his wife Julie are committed to helping women and children at risk in our community.
Our TeamOur donor engagement representatives are here to support you every step of the way!
We are Team United, and we are here to help make your campaign a success. Reach out to us any time to learn more about your campaign options, think through fundraising ideas, plan the perfect campaign kickoff and more!
Steps for SuccessFollow these three steps that are proven to engage, excite and unite your team.
- Set up a meeting with your donor engagement representative to analyze past results and identify areas of opportunity.
- Create a timeline so your campaign doesn’t sneak up on you.
- Develop a communications plan to inspire employees at key times and educate them about community needs.
Build Your Committee
- Find strong leaders in your organization to help you plan and implement your campaign.
- Ask your donor engagement representative for tips and suggestions about engaging your committee.
- Ask a Senior or Executive-level employee to be involved in planning and present in committee meetings.
- Engagement from your organization’s leadership team plays a large role in helping your campaign meet or even exceed the goals you set.
Have Fun With The Details
- Work with your committee to choose a theme, create fundraising activities and incentives for employees and plan a thank you event where you can share results with your organization.
- Make goals and share them in your communications. Everyone should understand what they are collectively working towards. Your donor engagement rep can help you figure out donation impact and share it with your team.
- Get inspired! Keep scrolling to find fundraising activities in the Campaign Ideas section.
- Utilize United Way materials. Keep scrolling to find printed and digital materials, emails and success stories.
- Schedule a virtual or in-person kickoff event for employees to attend, or schedule a rally in conjunction with another meeting, such as a staff or safety meeting. Hint: Free food goes a long way!
- Have your CEO send a personalized letter or e-mail encouraging employee participation.
- Encourage your leadership team to participate in campaign events and endorse United Way.
Get Your Team Excited
- Scheduling a volunteer event is a great way for employees to feel and see the impact of their giving. Keep scrolling to learn more about volunteer opportunities provided by United Way.
- Set up an agency speaker event to hear first-hand from local organizations about needs in our community and how gifts help.
- Leverage incentives that inspire employees to help reach goals. Maybe it’s a day off for all employees, a free meal or fun treat (like an ice cream bar or margarita machine), jeans or work-from-home days – the possibilities are endless.
3. Wrap Up
Pat Yourself On The Back
- Complete and sign the Campaign Report Form. If there are additional donations after the final report has been turned in, contact your donor engagement rep.
- Do something nice to say “Thank you!!” and celebrate. Order pizza for lunch, send employees something in the mail, offer a paid day off – anything that helps show your appreciation for their participation.
- Gather feedback about the campaign from your committee and colleagues and leave notes and resources for next year’s campaign team.
- Treat yourself! (United Way said it was ok. 🥰 ) Planning and executing a fundraising campaign takes a lot of time, effort and coordination, so make sure you take a moment to celebrate and relax.
Tune in as Campaign Managers just like YOU share ways to make your United Way campaign a success!
Scheels’ Campaign Manager talks UWM campaign
Veridian Credit Union’s Campaign Manager talks campaign ideas
Campaign IdeasFind the inspiration you need to put on a fun and impactful campaign this year!
There are so many fun ways to engage your team, whether they are in the office, working from home or both.
Explore Virtual and In-Person fundraising ideas that you and your team can leverage this campaign season – and don’t forget to check out our Pick a Partner section to discover fun, easy ways to raise funds for our community through our partners, all the while inspiring your team to connect.
United Way is also here to support your campaign through the use of our fundraising tool, MobileCause. Scroll down to learn more about how MobileCause can simplify and amplify your campaign this year.
If you have questions or would like to brainstorm, please contact your Donor Engagement representative. You can find our team members and their contact information here.
Virtual Tools & MobileCause
Finding the right tool to pull off a virtual campaign or fundraising activity can be tough, but we’ve compiled some resources to get you started! Please message your Donor Engagement representative directly if you have questions about utilizing one of these tools for your campaign. You can find our team members and their contact information here:
Set up an online fundraiser, including text-to-give, with the help of our Donor Engagement and Marketing teams! Contact your donor engagement representative to express your interest. Local companies large and small have leveraged this tool as an additional payment method for fundraising – allowing them to handle less cash, easily track dollars raised and offer a simple and convenient way for employees to give in the moment during campaign events.
Other Virtual Tools:
Read on to see ways you can modify your tried and true activities to maintain normalcy for employees while following health guidance.
When you’re in the office:
- Follow general guidance for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses, including encouraging employees to wash their hands and to stay home if they are sick.
- More guidance can be found from the United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Pick A Partner
Fundraise for a good cause, support local business AND save yourself time and effort! We are so excited to work with amazing local business partners that can help make your fundraising campaign seamless and special. Explore below and find the right fit for you and your team today!
Make Your Team “Nothing Bundt Happy”
Do your employees need a pick me up? Consider organizing an on-site event to sell Nothing Bundt Cakes bundtlets, decorated bundt cakes or decorated bundtinis at your workplace, or host an online sale.
Nothing Bundt Cakes will donate 20% of your purchase towards United Way. Click below to learn more and download a flyer about this *sweet* way to fundraise for a good cause.
Pick Your Pronto Pack and Support UWM!
It’s easy to enjoy the great taste of Biaggi’s at home or on the go. Their Pronto Packs are perfectly-sized to serve 4-5 people and include your choice of a House or Caesar salad with freshly-baked bread and Biaggi’s Butter for dipping. Choose from 14 different pasta dishes and take a night off from cooking – it’s good for your community!
Biaggi’s will donate 20% of your purchase to United Way. Click the button below to learn more and to download a flyer you can share with your team.
Let’s Raise Some Dough!
Choose from two different fundraising options:
- Purchase Krispie Kreme products at a discounted rate and sell them for profit.
- Pre-sell Krispie Kreme products by utilizing the company’s order forms.
You get to choose your selling price so you can determine how much you want to raise for United Way. Click the button below to learn more about these two fundraising options today!
Paint your way to a stronger community!
Have fun, bond with coworkers and give back with our new Corky Canvas partnership. Corky Canvas will donate 28% of the ticket price back to United Way of the Midlands.
There are multiple options to choose from including in-studio, at the office or virtual!
Purchase a Nebraska Strong or Iowa Strong t-shirt today and help those in need!
Show your pride for your community and support local basic needs programs that provide food, shelter and more for those who are struggling. By helping our neighbors meet their basic needs, you help them gain stability during difficult times like these.
Employees will record their company during checkout so your campaign will receive credit.
Host An Online Auction!
Is your auction a staple of your campaign, but you’re not sure how to pull it off this year? Learn more about a special partnership with OneCause and United Way and other digital platforms you can use to set your auction apart, even while on a budget.
MaterialsFind print and digital materials to help educate your team about United Way.
Plug & Play
Follow this guide to run a smooth and successful week-long campaign. Materials recommendations included!
Plug & Play
Follow this guide to run a smooth and successful month-long campaign. Materials recommendations included!
Plug & Play
Follow this guide to run a smooth and successful year-long campaign. Materials recommendations included!
Discover all the United Way materials you need to make your campaign a success!
Click below to access forms for printing or encourage your employees to save paper by filling them out digitally.
Click to view and download our investment brochure, posters, pledge forms and more!
Hear from our agency partners and stories of need and success in our community. Can’t access Youtube? Click here to download videos (link to Hightail space).
This Word Document features multiple emails you can customize to meet your organization’s needs.
This PDF features several community success stories for you to share with your team.
Images & Graphics
Here you can explore assets for you to use in emails, digital displays, on social media and more!
Utilize these PowerPoint slides during team presentations about United Way and your campaign!
Visit our blog to learn more about community needs and how your gift makes an impact.
By sharing your time and talents, you can touch someone’s life in a truly powerful way.
A can of food on a pantry shelf. 30 minutes spent reading with a student. A fresh layer of paint in a shelter. These may seem like small acts of kindness, but they make a world of a difference for individuals in need. You can offer the hope and dignity that helps someone build a better life for their family, today.
of employees believe they develop professional skills as a result of their volunteer activities.
of employees agree that volunteering as a group helped them develop their ability to work as a team.
of those surveyed who volunteer through work report feeling better about their employer.
Explore United Way Volunteer Events!
GOOD on the Go
Timing: Whenever works best for you.
This in-person or virtual opportunity helps boost employee engagement, foster teamwork and build morale as employees work together to assemble materials for local agencies, such as a hygiene kit for someone experiencing homelessness. Align your company’s philanthropic values with volunteerism and give your employees the opportunity to give back in a tangible way, even while social distancing. Contact United Way of the Midlands’ volunteer team for more information and pricing by calling 402-522-7949 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Custom Corporate Projects
Timing: Whenever works best for you.
Omaha-Council Bluffs area companies, small and large, come to UWM for help with creating and coordinating meaningful, customized volunteer projects for their employees. Contact United Way of the Midlands’ volunteer team today to experience first-hand the impact your contributions are making by calling 402-522-7949 or emailing email@example.com.
Day of Caring
Timing: September 17, 2021
Day of Caring is an annual, community-wide volunteerism day where hundreds of volunteers roll up their sleeves to make an impact – and we are SO excited to be back at it this year! Contact United Way of the Midlands’ volunteer team for more information about signing up your team to participate by calling 402-522-7949 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timing: November – December 2021
Looking for a bonding experience for your team that inspires gratitude and hope? Becoming a Holiday Helper is a festive way to make a difference and connect with your team during the holiday season. Contact United Way of the Midlands’ volunteer team for more information about signing up your team to participate by calling 402-522-7949 or emailing email@example.com.
Day of Action
Timing: Save the Date – Spring 2022
This is another community-wide volunteerism day to engage your team in the spring season and help them learn more about the United Way nonprofit partners their gift supports. Contact United Way of the Midlands’ volunteer team for more information about signing up your team to participate by calling 402-522-7949 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOOD on the Go
For busy professionals who care about their community – learn more about putting together GOOD on the Go kits for our community, today.
Leadership GivingExplore United Way's leadership groups and inspire your team to get involved!
The Tocqueville Society of United Way of the Midlands was established in 1988 by twelve charter members whose vision and belief in the community spurred others to join and give. Thanks to the remarkable generosity of Tocqueville Society donors this past year, membership hit 295, surpassing a goal the Society had been striving toward for years. As a result of this achievement, Mr. Warren Buffett increased his match of United Way’s total campaign dollars, and thousands of additional dollars were invested into our community to help people facing challenges in the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro. Together, Tocqueville Society members are truly making a difference and ensuring the metro becomes stronger for the generations of tomorrow.
Donation requirement: $10,000 or more
United Way of the Midlands Bridgebuilders Society – Established in 1989, the Bridgebuilders Society recognizes individuals and families making annual gifts of $1,000 to $9,999. Such gifts represent a new level of community participation and involvement which helps bridge the gap between the increasing needs in our community and the services available to meet them. There are more than 2,900 local Bridgebuilders strengthening the local community through their support of United Way of the Midlands.
Donation requirement: $1,000 to $9,999
The mission of Women United is to inspire, celebrate, educate and engage women in philanthropy and service related to their investment in the work of United Way of the Midlands. United Way of the Midlands Women United will positively impact lives in our community.
Women United…Leading the Way. EDUCATE. VOLUNTEER. INVEST.
Donation requirement: $1,500 or more
The Emerging Leaders are passionate professionals under 40 who are driven to make a difference through volunteerism, advocacy and philanthropy. They engage the next generation of leaders to influence positive change in our community through United Way.
Donation requirement: $250 or more